Tuesday 3 April 2012

The Hunger Games

about hunger games:One question: Why didn't I read this sooner?!?! The Hunger Games was one of the most addicting books I've ever read. There is so much to say about it! Where to begin....


The plot was fantastic! A fight-to-the-death survival competition? Yes, please! Don't choose this book if you like those "nice, fun books", because this is the complete opposite. It leaves you on the edge of your seat, and I had a lot of trouble putting it down. (In other words, I stayed up until 1:00.) This book was so original, and very well written. Every part was laid out in such a way that you never got confused. (And this is the type of book where, if it wasn't so thought-out, it would be confusing.) The part that really made me mad though, was the ending. It stopped so abruptly, I couldn't help but get slightly aggravated. This is a "be-prepared-with-the-second-book" book. I just didn't realize that until the end. *sigh*

Katniss. She made a rockin' protagonist. She was very loving, but also strongly opinionated and headstrong. Then, there was Peeta. *swoon* :) He loved Katniss with all his heart, but I don't think she ever realized that it was real. Which, was very upsetting to me. And also, he's heroic, funny, and a baker! Then there is the other characters like Haymitch and Effie, who I didn't like that much, and Cinna and Rue, who I did like, but they made pretty brief appearances.

Um, back to what I said about the ending. WHAT THE HELL-O!!! (Sorry about that)
I just didn't realize that Suzanne Collins would end a book that way. I know there is Catching Fire, and then Mockingjay is going to come out in like 11 days, but, still. I wish that it didn't end that way.

But beside that, The Hunger Games was the best. It was everything I hoped for, and then some. I know I am probably the last book blogger in existense to have not read this book sooner, but I am still going to say it: If you haven't read The Hunger Games. READ IT. Like, now. (Or as soon as possible.)



No comments:

Post a Comment